The nutrition staff at all three schools are eager to make healthy breakfasts and lunches for students within the Sisters School District. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables are always used to keep Sisters kids happy and healthy.
Meal Benefit Update for 2021-22
For the school year 2021 – 2022, complete breakfast and lunch meals will be accessible at No Charge to students.
Each menu contains both the breakfast and lunch items, including the daily special and alternative entrees.
- Most entrees are made fresh daily with our own recipes: spaghetti, lasagna, taco salad, quesadillas, chicken fajitas, and more.
- Farm fresh fruits and vegetables when available, many from local and regional farms.
- Regular milk comes in both non-fat and 1%. Chocolate milk is non-fat.
- No milk contains the added growth hormone RBST, and is from local Eberhard’s Dairy.
- Most meats used are low-fat turkey or lean beef.
- All bread products, including sandwich breads, hamburger and hot dog buns, hoagie buns, pizza crusts, rice, pasta, and tortillas are whole grain.
- Salads are made with fresh greens and low-fat meats and cheeses.