Meal Benefit Program
2016-2017 Free and Reduced Benefit Information
The Free & Reduced Price Meal Benefits Program is a part of the National Child Nutrition Program. This program makes Free or Reduced priced meals available to qualifying households. Qualifications are based on the gross income of all household members and the number of persons living in the house.
- Households must submit a new free & reduced application each school year.
- Applications may take up to ten days to process and households are responsible for meal payment until the application is approved.
- Returning students maintain the previous year’s status for the first 30 days of the new school year.
- Households may apply for free or reduced price meals at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a change later, such as a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed, or receive SNAP, TANF, or FDPIR benefits, complete an application at that time.
- You will be notified if your application is approved or denied. If you need help with this application, please contact Terri Rood at 541-549-4057.
- The school may verify information on the application at any time during the school year.
- If your household qualifies for Free or Reduced Meal Benefits, your students may also qualify for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). Please contact OHP at 1-800-359-9517 for more information.
You many also pick up and fill out an application at any school or at the District Office.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs, are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) Fax: 202-690-7442
(3) Email: email@example.com
Both the USDA and the State of Oregon are equal opportunity providers.
Meal Benefit Application - Espanol
Nutrition Services Operations Assistant
Sisters School District