The nutrition staff at all three schools are eager to make healthy breakfasts and lunches for students within the Sisters School District. Whole grains and fruits and vegetables are always used to keep Sisters kids happy and healthy. All meals are prepared at Sisters High School and transported to the Middle School and Elementary School for service.
Nutrition Services Operations Assistant
Sisters School District
Each menu contains both the breakfast and lunch items, including the daily special and alternative entrees.
- Most entrees are made fresh daily with our own recipes: chicken chop suey, spaghetti, lasagna, taco salad, chili, chicken fajitas, and more.
- Farm fresh fruits and vegetables are always available, many from local and regional farms.
- Regular milk comes in both non-fat and 1%. Chocolate milk is non-fat.
- No milk contains the added growth hormone RBST.
- Most meats used are low-fat turkey or lean beef.
- All bread products, including sandwich breads, hamburger and hot dog buns, hoagie buns, pizza crusts, rice, pasta, and tortillas are whole grain.
- Salads are made with fresh greens and low-fat meats.