Goals, Vision & Mission
- We are Sisters Outlaws students committed to graduating from high school, prepared for college and work.
- We are Sisters teachers inspiring students to learn and achieve at the highest levels.
- We are administrators and leaders building positive learning communities focused on student learning and academic achievement.
- We are support staff who understand that our students and teachers must be safe, healthy, and supported in order to achieve at the highest possible levels.
- We are school board members responsible for ensuring that student learning is front and center in every decision we make.
- We are countless parents, family, and community members supporting our children and demanding a high-quality education for them.
- We are the community organizations, coaches, club leaders, and volunteers who support and encourage our students and staff in their daily work.
- We are the residents and taxpayers of the Sisters School District, who know that a strong school system and high-achieving, well-rounded students are the backbone and the future of our town and nation.
Our Common Purpose
We are united in our commitment to provide all students with the education they need to reach their fullest potential. Together, we will ensure that all students learn every day and in every class and graduate, college or career ready, with the skills necessary to be successful in the 21st century.
What We Believe
Our work toward this common purpose is fueled by a set of Core Beliefs which we act in accordance with every day:
- Virtually all children, regardless of background or circumstance, can achieve at a high level.
- The pursuit of excellence for all students requires providing our neediest students with the extra support necessary to attain rigorous targets.
- Our schools must be caring and supportive environments that encourage exploration, thoughtful risk-taking, and inquisitiveness.
- Students need knowledge, skills, and values to become responsible adults.
- Excellent schools require strong partnerships with families, community members, and our local businesses.
- Our decisions at all levels, every day, must be guided by what is best for students and be data-driven.
- Teacher and staff time with our students is the single most important resource we have. Hiring, developing, recognizing, and rewarding their work is essential.
- We evaluate and improve our work continuously to foster excellence.
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Co-curricular participation plays an important part of the education and well being of our students.
Where We’re Headed
- Create a K-12 model that sets and achieves high academic standards, provides strong support for social and emotional needs, and offers a rigorous, relevant curriculum that gives all students meaningful options.
- Strive to create schools that are regional centers of excellence in core academics, the arts and music, place-based education, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (S.T.E.M.) and interdisciplinary studies. Support decision making with accurate and timely information to ensure that our students are learning and the district as a whole is performing well.
Sisters School District . . . A great place to live and learn!
Curtiss J. Scholl
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent and School Board
541-549-8521 ext. 5002