Discrimination Complaint & Grievance Procedures
Sisters School District is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its educational and employment activities.
The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age in its programs and activities and equal access to the designated youth organizations in the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act.
All staff members take mandatory training on SafeSchools every year. For the 2020-21 school year, the following training had to be completed:
- Bullying: Recognition & Response
- Bounday Invasion
- Sexual Misconduct: Staff-to-Student
In-person training occurred on August 26, 2020 for all staff. Three make-up sessions were held on September 24, 2020. Please refer to the “Title IX All Staff Training” pdf in the Relevant Downloads section below.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination:
Relevant Policies (inactive links currently being updated)
- Non-Discrimination – AC
- Discrimination Complaint / Grievance Procedure – AC-AR
- Equal Employment Opportunity – GBA
- Sexual Harassment – GBN-JBA
- Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure – GBN-JBA-AR
- Equal Education Opportunity – JB
- Section 504 – Students – JBAA
- Public Complaints – KL
- Public Complaint Procedure – KL-AR