The nutrition staff at all three schools are eager to make healthy breakfasts and lunches for students within the Sisters School District. Whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are always used to keep Sisters’ kids happy and healthy.
Meal Benefit Update for 2022-23
Please feel free to complete a Free & Reduced Application for this school year as all meals will be charged to your student’s account.
The Oregon Legislature provides funding that eliminates the reduced price payment for School Breakfast and Lunch, therefore for the 2022-23 school year, breakfast and lunch will be accessible at no charge to students who qualify for reduced-price meals.
Each menu contains both breakfast and lunch items.
- Most entrees are made fresh daily with our own recipes: spaghetti, lasagna, taco salad, quesadillas, chicken fajitas, and more.
- Farm fresh fruits and vegetables when available, many from local and regional farms.
- Regular milk comes in both non-fat and 1%. Chocolate milk is non-fat.
- No milk contains the added growth hormone RBST, and is from local Eberhard’s Dairy.
- Most meats used are low-fat turkey or lean beef.
- All bread products, including sandwich breads, hamburger and hot dog buns, hoagie buns, pizza crusts, rice, pasta, and tortillas are whole grain.
- Salads are made with fresh greens and low-fat meats and cheeses.