August 24, 2021
Dear SMS Families,
September is getting closer so I thought I would reach out with a few more updates. The weather is starting to cool a bit and sports seasons are just around the corner. It is starting to feel like “back to school”.
As we approach the start of the school year the COVID case numbers remain high in Deschutes County. Please know that we are committed to providing a safe and top notch education five days a week focusing on the overall wellness of your student. We are going to make this year amazing and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
For a link to the SMS most up to date COVID safety protocols, click here.
For a link to the Sisters School District Safe Return to In-Person Instruction, click here.
Sisters Middle School Co-Curricular/Sports
Sisters Middle School sports will begin on Tuesday Sept 7th. We are excited to bring on a new athletic director at Sisters Middle School for the 2021-2022 School year. His name is Cailen McNair. You can find the contact information for Calien and all the SMS coaches by clicking here. For the 2021 – 2022 sports season all fees are waived. This Fall we will offer the following sports for our students in grades 6-8. Sports teams should be ready to
self-transport to away events with proper district documentation.
- Cross Country
To enroll your student in a Sisters Middle School sport complete the following:
- Sign up your student on the Family ID web link found here.
- Complete a sports physical and bring it to the SMS main office. Forms found here.
- Contact the Head Coach here.
Fifth Grade students can enroll in sports programs through SPRD by clicking here.
For your students’ bus stop and route please check the SSD transportation page by clicking here.
The SSD school district is extremely short on bus drivers. If you or anyone in your family knows someone who is interested in becoming a bus driver for the Sisters School District, please have them check the district website by clicking here or contact Ryan Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Sept. 7th: First full day of school for all 5th graders, new students, and WEB leaders.
- Sept. 8th: All grades attend full day. First day for all 6th, 7th, 8th grade students.
- Oct. 8th: No school for all students – Statewide Teacher Inservice Day
Reminder: All students will need a backpack and a reusable water bottle for the 2021-2022 school year as we will not use lockers. Please write your students name on both in permanent marker. For your student’s grade level supply lists click here.
School Days and Bell Schedule
We will conduct a five day in-person school day with an early release Friday. The school day will consist of six periods for all grades 5-8. The 7th & 8th grades will rotate between A/B days to increase elective options. Bell schedules can be found on page 5 of our Parent Student Handbook. Click here for the SMS Handbook.
The “Belong” period is a time on Fridays for team building, assemblies, clubs, and grade levels to meet and build an amazing culture at Sisters Middle School.
We are so excited to have your student back in school. We can’t wait to see you soon.
With Respect and Kindness,
Sisters Middle School
- SSD Continuation of In-Person Instruction Plan (Updated 09-09-2021)
2020-21 School Year
- 04-28-2021 – Distance Learning 04-29-2021
- 04-22-2021 – COVID-19 Reminder
- 04-02-2021 – April 6th Email: All Students, Monday-Thursday
- 04-02-2021 – Student Health Screening
- 01-07-2021 – Hybrid Re-Opening
- 01-03-2021 – Happy New Year!
- 12-14-2020 – Picture Day
- 12-01-2020 – Planning for In-Person Classes: MS / CDC (Spanish)
- 11-08-2020 – School Updates
- 11-07-2020 – Limited In-Person Instruction Cancelled (Spanish)
- 10-26-2020 – 6th Grade Weekly Overview: October 26-30
- 10-26-2020 – 2020 Sisters High School Presents: HoCo-Ween
- 10-19-2020 – 6th Grade Weekly Overview: October 19-23
- 10-12-2020 – 6th Grade Weekly Overview: October 12-16
- 10-05-2020 – 6th Grade Weekly Overview: October 4-9
- 09-28-2020 – Actions to Take and Points to Consider (Spanish)
- 09-28-2020 – 6th Grade Weekely Overview: September 28-October 2
- 09-25-2020 – Outlaw Community – With Deepest Regret and Sympathy
- 09-22-2020 – Q & A: Parent Zooms (Spanish)
- 09-21-2020 – 6th Grade Weekley Overview: September 21-25
- 09-14-2020 – 6th Grade Weekely Overview: September 14-18
- 09-08-2020 – September Newsletter (Spanish)
- 09-07-2020 – 6th Grade Parent Zoom
- 09-07-2020 – Name Tent for 6th Grade
- 09-07-2020 – 2020-21 6th Grade Expectations
- 09-07-2020 – 6th Grade Weekly Overview: September 8-11
- 08-27-2020 – 6th – 8th Grade WEB Assembly Letter
- 08-27-2020 – Important SMS Announcement for Next Week
- 08-24-2020 – 2020-21 Fall Educational Options (Spanish)
- 08-10-2020 – SMS 2020-21 Education Option Choice
2019-20 School Year
- 06-08-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview: June 8-12
- 06-05-2020 – Chromebook & Learning Material Return (Spanish)
- 06-04-2020 – Race, Equality & Education
- 06-03-2020 – OSU Free Virtual STREAM Summer Camp
- 06-02-2020 – Parent Zoom from June 1
- 06-01-2020 – Health Care Resources (Spanish)
- 06-01-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview – June 1-5
- 05-28-2020 – Report Card Message (Spanish)
- 05-25-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview: May 26-29
- 05-18-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview: May 18-22
- 05-10-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekely Overview: May 11-15 (Spanish)
- 05-08-2020 – Parent Distance Learning Zoom #3
- 05-04-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekely Overview: May 4 -8 (Spanish)
- 05-03-2020 – Updates (Spanish)
- 04-30-2020 – Parent Communication & Next Parent Zoom
- 04-28-2020 – Mental Health Summit for Students (Spanish)
- 04-27-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview: April 27 – May 1
- 04-24-2020 – Parent Distance Learning Zoom Slideshow
- 04-21-2020 – Distance Learning Week 2: Parent Zoom (Spanish)
- 04-20-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview: April 20 – 24
- 04-16-2020 – Personal Belongings Pick-Up (Spanish)
- 04-13-2020 – Sixth Grade Weekly Overview: April 13 – 17 (Spanish)
- 04-10-2020 – Important: Distance Learning Overview
- 04-10-2020 – Pick-up Reminder
- 04-08-2020 – Chromebook & Learning Materials Pick-up
- 04-05-2020 – Our Return to Learning
- 03-15-2020 – Message from Alison Haney