January 7, 2021
Good Evening Outlaws,
Yesterday, our Superintendent made the exciting announcement that our students are returning to live in-person instruction. It’s almost been a year since we’ve been together. This news is very exciting, and we’ll need to work together to transition after so much time away from each other and we do need to work with a new set of rules that will guide our routines. My goal today is to give you an overview of what will happen over the next few weeks to help us smoothly transition back to school.
Three Essentials for our Health:
Wearing masks, washing hands, and keeping appropriate physical distance from one another as much as possible. We will need everyone’s help to make this happen and this will be a priority.
We will maintain our current schedule, the difference will be that on Monday and Wednesdays 9th and 10th graders will be in-person at school then home the other days; while the 11th and 12th graders will be in-person on Tuesday and Thursday and at home the other days.
Key Dates to Kick Off Second Semester
Thursday, January 14
- Pre-Recorded Zoom goes out to all students / parents explaining the details of returning to school
Monday, January 18
- No School, Presidents Day
Tuesday, January 19
- Zoom Meeting for High School at 7:00 pm to answer questions for parents and students
Week of January 25
- 9th & 10th Graders begin the hybrid. In-Person Monday and Wednesday and at home on Tuesday and Thursday.
- 11th & 12th Graders remain at home, engaging in Comprehensive Distance Learning.
- Fridays will remain for support and enhancement purposes
Monday, January 25
- 9th Grade Assembly and individual meetings with 9th graders
Wednesday, January 27
- 10th Grade Assembly and individual meetings with 10th graders
Week of February 1
- We begin the hybrid model for all students
Tuesday, February 2
- Class of 2021 Assembly and individual meetings with 12th graders
Thursday, February 4
- 11th Grade Assembly and individual meetings with 11th graders
February 8 and 9
- Picture Day
Why are we Cohorting and using the Hybrid approach?
The Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Education state in the Ready Schools Safe Learners guidelines that a key strategy in reducing the spread of COVID-19 is to establish small cohorts, limit the cohorts students are in contact with, and modify the school schedule to limit the total number of students in the building at any one time.
What are my options if we’re not comfortable with our kids returning?
We understand that there are families that have different needs and may want their students to remain at home. If this is the case, please reach out to your student’s counselor as soon as possible so they can create a schedule that meets your family’s needs utilizing Sisters Educational Options.
Only two weeks
Sisters High School
- Sisters High School Operational Blueprint (Updated 09-24-2020)
2020-21 School Year
- 01-19-2021 – Zoom Meeting Reminder and Updates
- 01-15-2021 – Map of SHS Entrance & Exits for Hybrid Learning
- 01-07-2021 – Update: Returning to Sisters High School
- 01-04-2021 – A New Hope for Sisters High School
- 11-09-2020 – Youth Truth Survey Communication (Spanish)
- 10-26-2020 – 2020 Sisters High School Presents: HoCo-Ween
- 09-28-2020 – Outlaw Community – With Deepest Regret and Sympathy
- 08-27-2020 – Master Schedule
- 08-27-2020 – Student Scheduling Worksheet
- 08-27-2020 – Email About Schedule
- 08-27-2020 – Welcome New Students
- 08-26-2020 – Operation Outlaws (Spanish)
- 08-21-2020 – Welcome Back Letter
- 08-18-2020 – Returning to Sisters High School
- 08-05-2020 – SHS Message
2019-20 School Year
- 06-04-2020 – Finals, Material Drop-off, and Remediation Plan (Spanish)
- 06-04-2020 – Graduation Reminder
- 06-03-2020 – Message from High School (Spanish)
- 05-28-2020 – Pick up Cap & Gown and Graduation Update
- 05-28-2020 – Finals, Credits, and Summer School
- 05-21-2020 – Details for Graduates
- 05-21-2020 – Updates & Zoom Meeting
- 05-14-2020 – Graduation is Happening
- 04-28-2020 – Weekly Community Check-In with Joe Hosang
- 04-22-2020 – Lockers, Chromebooks, and Virtual Meeting
- 04-20-2020 – Thurday’s Meeting, Pass-Fail & Fridays
- 04-20-2020 – Grading and Credits for 9th – 11th Grades (Updated)
- 04-17-2020 – Seniors Answer to “Am I Done?” (Spanish)
- 04-16-2020 – Grading and Credits for 9th – 11th Grades
- 04-10-2020 – Grades and Credits for the Class of 2020 (Spanish)
- 04-09-2020 – Schedule to Begin Distance Learning
- 04-08-2020 – COVID-19 Material Pick-up for Essential Learning (Spanish)
- 04-05-2020 – Getting Ready for Remote Learning
- 03-20-2020 – Mr. SHS Pageant Rescheduled