September 25, 2020
Dear Outlaw Community,
It is with deep regret that we inform you about a recent loss to our school community. On September 23rd, Rianna McGonagle, a 2020 graduate of Sisters High School tragically passed away in a car accident. This loss is sure to raise many emotions and concerns for our entire school community. Our hearts, positive thoughts and prayers go out to the McGonagle family especially, Bindie, Rianna’s 8th grade sister.
A loss to the Outlaw Community is always felt far and wide. Our district and community distinguish themselves by the investment and care for each of our citizens but even more so for our students. We are brokenhearted by this loss and will be here to support the McGonagle’s.
We currently have two ways those interested in supporting the family can offer their support at this time. First, the following link is for a meal train and online donations https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/yodz1e. Second, a fund has been set up at the Mid Oregon Credit Union here in Sisters for those wishing to make a donation.
Please, remind your youngsters that each of us will react to a death in our own way, and we need to be respectful of each other. Feeling sad is a normal response to any loss. Some may not be affected and others may experience a great deal of sadness. Some may have difficulty concentrating, and others may find that diving into activities is a good distraction.
Sisters School District has a Crisis Counseling Team made up of professionals trained to help with the needs of students, parents, and school personnel at difficult times such as this. At each of our schools, we have counselors available for any student or staff member who may need or want help or any type of assistance surrounding this loss. We encourage you, as parents, to also feel free to use our resources.
Attached is a more comprehensive list of resources that may be useful to you in helping your child at home. If you would like additional information or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our counselors: Katie Kuitert (ES), Brook Jackson (MS) or Lindy Weddel (HS).
A loss of this magnitude to our community is difficult but working together, we can help our students through the grief process.
Sisters High School
Grief & Loss Resources
Counseling & Mental Health Resources
Deschutes County Behavioral Health: Mental Health Information & Therapy (541) 322-7500
Please be aware that you need to request Jennifer Noble if you are seeking therapy in Sisters specifically
James Janoski, The Child Center: Therapy for SSD students (541) 668-4798, email@example.com
St. Charles Behavioral Health: Therapy (541) 706-2768
OSU Cascades Free Counseling Clinic: Therapy (541) 322-2047
- Sisters High School Operational Blueprint (Updated 09-24-2020)
2020-21 School Year
- 11-09-2020 – Youth Truth Survey Communication (Spanish)
- 10-26-2020 – 2020 Sisters High School Presents: HoCo-Ween
- 09-28-2020 – Outlaw Community – With Deepest Regret and Sympathy
- 08-27-2020 – Master Schedule
- 08-27-2020 – Student Scheduling Worksheet
- 08-27-2020 – Email About Schedule
- 08-27-2020 – Welcome New Students
- 08-26-2020 – Operation Outlaws (Spanish)
- 08-21-2020 – Welcome Back Letter
- 08-18-2020 – Returning to Sisters High School
- 08-05-2020 – SHS Message
2019-20 School Year
- 06-04-2020 – Finals, Material Drop-off, and Remediation Plan (Spanish)
- 06-04-2020 – Graduation Reminder
- 06-03-2020 – Message from High School (Spanish)
- 05-28-2020 – Pick up Cap & Gown and Graduation Update
- 05-28-2020 – Finals, Credits, and Summer School
- 05-21-2020 – Details for Graduates
- 05-21-2020 – Updates & Zoom Meeting
- 05-14-2020 – Graduation is Happening
- 04-28-2020 – Weekly Community Check-In with Joe Hosang
- 04-22-2020 – Lockers, Chromebooks, and Virtual Meeting
- 04-20-2020 – Thurday’s Meeting, Pass-Fail & Fridays
- 04-20-2020 – Grading and Credits for 9th – 11th Grades (Updated)
- 04-17-2020 – Seniors Answer to “Am I Done?” (Spanish)
- 04-16-2020 – Grading and Credits for 9th – 11th Grades
- 04-10-2020 – Grades and Credits for the Class of 2020 (Spanish)
- 04-09-2020 – Schedule to Begin Distance Learning
- 04-08-2020 – COVID-19 Material Pick-up for Essential Learning (Spanish)
- 04-05-2020 – Getting Ready for Remote Learning
- 03-20-2020 – Mr. SHS Pageant Rescheduled