August 21, 2020
Dear SES Outlaw Students and Parents,
I hope that this letter finds you well and enjoying your last weeks of summer as we begin to prepare for the start of school.
We, as the SES team, are back in the school preparing for your students and eagerly anticipating the start of our new year.
We wanted to share a few reminders with all of you.
- The Parent Educational Options Decision documents were due on August 17 and are now being time stamped as our onsite hybrid option is close to full. This year we have a cap on the number of people that can be in each classroom to meet the COVID-19 restrictions. When our classrooms are full, all remaining students will be assigned to Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) for the fall semester.
- Our teachers will be emailing their families by August 26 with start of the year information and details about our conference week August 31-September 4. We will have parent conferences September 1-3 where we will be distributing Chromebooks, the first three weeks of distance learning materials and preordered school supplies for those who participated in the purchase.
- All students in Sisters School District will access their online learning via Canvas; elementary parents and students will be oriented to this platform during your conferences.
- Our students’ first day of Comprehensive Distance Learning is Tuesday, September 8.
- When we return to onsite learning we will have a hybrid model that has four days of onsite instruction (Monday-Thursday) and one day of home based applied learning on Fridays. This model will not have a late start Wednesday; all four days will have consistent starting and ending times based on grade level, and will coordinate with the middle and high school hybrid models.
- You will receive detailed information the week of August 31 about your students’ schedule for distance learning. The basic structure will be 8:30-11:15 core academics with at least one live lesson within that schedule and two breaks. This time will include working independently on tasks, watching mini lessons, and meeting in Zoom meetings with peers and teachers. This time block will be followed by lunch, teacher office hours and then our students can select a specialist lesson for the afternoon. Attendance will be taken on a daily basis.
I will be hosting a parent Zoom meeting this week on Wednesday morning from 8:00-9:00 AM. Grab a cup of coffee and join me for a conversation where I will share updates and have a Q and A session.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86458101446?pwd=OE1rRGEzcWpwdXY5KzBaaitQNjhKQT09
- Meeting ID: 864 5810 1446 Passcode: 6X2p9h
Last week we met the Deschutes County metrics for our K-3 rd grade students to return for the first time this summer. We are hopeful that we will continue to see a decline in COVID cases, continue to meet the K-3 county metrics, and that we will be able to return on September 28 to onsite learning for those families who have selected that option. Our 4 th graders will return to onsite learning with our 5 th -12 th grade students and will remain on CDL until at least October 19. Our Operational Blueprint for Reopening is posted on our district website.
Your partnership is vital as we collaborate to create a world-class education for our students whether in the building or
virtually. I appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your children.
Sisters Elementary School
2019-20 School Year
- 06-05-2020 – Chromebook Return & Community Celebration
- 06-05-2020 – Fourth Grade Parent Letter (Spanish)
- 06-05-2020 – Parent Letter (Spanish)
- 06-01-2020 – Parent Letter (Spanish)
- 05-26-2020 – Principal Letter (Spanish)
- 05-18-2020 – Parent Letter (Spanish)
- 05-13-2020 – Principal Letter (Spanish)
- 05-04-2020 – Parent Letter (Spanish)
- 04-27-2020 – Principal Letter (Spanish)
- 04-20-2020 – Principlal and Counselor Letter (Spanish)
- 04-10-2020 – Distance Learning Parent Introduction
- 04-09-2020 – Distance Learning Student & Parent Handbook (Spanish)
- 04-09-2020 – Materials Pick-up & Chromebook Insurance Options
- 04-06-2020 – Update from Mrs. Warburg
- 03-13-2020 – Message from Joan Warburg