TAG Personal Education Plans & Services
Addressing Students’ Rate & Level
Documentation of addressing a TAG student’s rate and level will occur through each TAG student’s written plan a minimum of two times per tri-mester.
Sisters School District Plan for Addressing TAG Students’s Rate & Level
- Building wide TAG facilitators will notify teachers of which students are TAG. They will consult and support the teachers as needed for their development of each TAG students’ Personalized Educational Plans. TAG facilitators will encourage parents to participate in developing their child’s Personalized Education Plan to address the rate and levels of their child’s learning. TAG facilitators will also monitor the transfer of PEPs to new teachers.
- The teacher retains the right and responsibility to choose the appropriate option that the school will offer to support each TAG student’s rate and level of learning. These Personalized Ed. Plans will be transferred and updated among teachers that will be implementing the plans. Rate and level adjustments for TAG students will be made as follows:
- Proactive planning for meeting a TAG student’s rate and level will occur by various methods of pre-assessment; for example, questioning strategies, testing probes, observations and/or standards based assessments. The teacher will choose the method of doing pre-assessment and use various strategies on a regular basis.
- Reflective documentation of addressing a TAG student’s rate and level will occur on a reasonable basis. This will be done by reflecting on teaching adjustments and provisions made to address rate and level due to teacher judgment, differentiated instruction, or student request.
- Documentation of addressing a TAG student’s rate and level will occur through each TAG student’s written plan a minimum of two times per trimester.